Please click here to read important information related to questions we will be asking you when you engage in Village Services. This is for the safety of everyone involved. Thank you for your understanding during this situation.
Active Monday, March 23, 2020, the following temporary changes are made to staffing, services, and building hours:
Office of the Clerk and Treasurer –
- Monday and Friday – The Village Office is closed, and the Clerk-Treasurer will work remotely.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday – All visitors who have business with this office may do so by appointment only.
- All documents may be forwarded to the Clerk or Treasurer by facsimile, email, U.S. Postal Mail, or placed in the outside drop box at the Village Office.
- You may transmit to the Treasurer through the dropbox or U.S. Mail.
- You may communicate with the Village Clerk or Treasurer by email: email@example.com
- You may telephone the Clerk or Treasurer by calling 518.853.4335 and entering extension 0. You may leave a message anytime, but to directly reach the Clerk or Treasurer, you must call between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
Street and Water Department and Commissioner –
- Our street and water department will continue to function normally in the completion of Village maintenance and projects. Their hours are 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Although our personnel will continue to work, I have directed them to limit contact with others outside of the Village.
- I am restricting our personnel to 10 minutes and requesting no contact with others closer than six feet.
- If you need to reach the Commissioner, you may email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if urgent, by calling 518.857.7660.
Trash Removal –
- Trash and Recycling will continue as scheduled every Thursday morning.
- If you have any concerns or questions with regular services, you may call our vendor County Waste at 518.877.7007, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Water and Wastewater Treatment –
- The Village water treatment facility will continue to operate seven days per week as we have a single operator there each day.
- The Joint Wastewater Treatment Facility will continue to operate seven days per week. In cooperation with the Village of Fultonville and our operators, we have reduced staffing at the plant to one person each day unless operations demand a second person.
- You may direct any concerns or questions regarding either of these departments to the Street and Water Commissioner.
- Under Executive Order, meetings are temporarily closed to the public.
- Minutes will be maintained and posted to the Village website for public view.
- You may send any matter to the Board of Trustees for consideration by email email@example.com
- Once restrictions are lifted, we will reopen our meetings to public attendance.
Code Enforcement –
- I am suspending all onsite inspections requiring contact. Anyone with ongoing building permits may, at the request of code enforcement, take photos of project progression for his records.
- The code enforcement officer will continue drive-by progression inspections.
- I am suspending notary requirements on building permits so we may complete applications and approvals by U.S. Mail or digital processing.
- For any specific question or needs, contact the Code Enforcement Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518.518-853-4335, x100, for urgent matters call 518.774.0420
- As standard, if you have an emergency matter, please contact the Montgomery County Communications at 518.853.5500 or 911 if a threat to life or property.
Major Projects –
We have several significant projects underway. These projects are for critical infrastructure, i.e., water, sanitary, and storm drains. These projects will continue as scheduled.
- As with our vendors supplying materials, do not have unnecessary contact with our contractors.
- Please direct any questions related to these projects by email or, if necessary, telephone to me or the Street and Water Commissioner.
Recreational Playground –
Although we support and urge you to get out for individually enjoying the outdoors, we closed the playground due to cross-contamination concerns.
Be reminded, maintain at least 6 feet from others in social gatherings and the restrictions imposed by the state order.
Private Sector Businesses and Services –
Our community needs to maintain our businesses and the services and products they provide us. I ask that any business or service in our community contact me directly for any assistance I may afford you.
Public Elections –
The Village election scheduled for March 18, 2020, has been postponed by order of the governor. Elections will take place on April 28, 2020.
Additional actions –
- I am pushing to have our new website completed and activated next week. Completion is dependent on our developer and the state technology department.
- Once available, you can register for updates posted to our website.
- Completion of the website will help all us to communicate more seamlessly concerning Village services and other urgent situations such as COVID-19.
- I continue to monitor all official notifications and now have established direct contact with state officials for information, including the Governor’s office.