Meetings and Hearings
All meetings held are held in accordance with the New York State Public Officers Law, Article 7, within the Village of Fonda. These laws are commonly known and referred to as the “Open Meeting Laws.” For more information on these laws, visit the NYS Department of State: https://www.dos.ny.gov/coog/openmeetlaw.html.
All meetings are open to the public whenever a quorum of the governing body is present NYS Public Officers Law Article 7 §100. The exception to this rule is when certain subjects discussed within an authorized Executive Session per NYS Public Officers Law Article 7 §105. Conduct of executive sessions.
Minutes and Records
All minutes for meetings held by the Village of Fonda may be viewed here.
Board of Trustees
The Village of Fonda Board of Trustees Meeting held on the second Monday of each month at 6:30 PM.
Board of the Fonda-Fultonville Joint Wastewater Treatment Facility
The joint wastewater meeting, as scheduled by the Joint Board each month.
According to the procedures…
“These Meeting Procedures shall be placed on the Village website and labeled “Meeting Procedures” by the Village Clerk within three (3)
business days after Board approval and shall remain permanently and conspicuously on the website at the beginning of its “Meetings” page.”
The annual budget process begins in March. The Village Board of Trustees receives the Draft Budget at the April meeting, for approval.
The annual organization meeting is held during the April meeting of the Board of Trustees. During this meeting, the Mayor makes appointments to various positions and committees throughout the Village government. The Board of Trustees reviews and approves all governing rules and policies.
Special or Emergency Meetings
From time to time, the Village will conduct Special Meetings for issues arising, and that requires the immediate attention of the Board of Trustees. Emergency meetings are announced to the public as soon as practical. All members of the public are allowed to be present when in an open forum.
Public Hearings are held prior to the taking of various actions on the behalf of the Village. They may include changes to local laws, budgets and land use approvals. These hearings require notice be given to the Public for a period of five days and in some cases as little as three days. The Village of Fonda follows the New York State Municipal Home Rule Law §20.
Guidelines for Public Comment
- Public Comment will be limited to “New Business” only
- Speakers must give their name, address, and organization if any.
- The presiding officer must recognize speakers.
- Speakers should limit their remarks to five (5) minutes on a given topic.
- Speakers may not yield any remaining time they may have to another speaker.
- Board members may, with the permission of the Mayor, interrupt a speaker during their remarks, but only for clarification or information.
- All remarks shall be addressed to the board as a body and not to any member thereof, or any other individual present.
- Speakers shall observe the commonly accepted rules of courtesy, decorum, dignity, and respectfulness.
Interested parties or their representatives may address the board by written communications. All written communications shall be delivered to the Clerk or Clerk’s designee.
Speakers may not read written communications verbatim but should summarize their contents.
- 11Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting6:30 pmThe Village of Fonda Board of Trustees Meetings occurs on the second Monday of Each Month at 6:30 PM. The Board meeting is open to allow residents of the Village of Fonda and others to listen to the elected officials conduct Village business. For more information on our meetings, visit: https://villageoffonda.ny.gov/me , ...